Timberline is sending a team to the country of Georgia to help remodel a permanent place for the local church to meet. The team of four men will focus on construction over a ten-day trip in which they will bring bathrooms up to code and set up other things, such as a stage, to help create more of a church building environment for the believers.
In light of the differences between our faith-friendly culture and theirs, our team can only learn more from the locals as they must be cautious in expressions of faith and simple gestures Americans have the liberty to take for granted. From our Georgian brothers, they hope to learn the power of relationship in spreading the Gospel, and they sit back in awe and watch how the nationals diligently and consistently follow the Holy Spirit into whatever place He may lead them.
Please pray for the mission team as they travel. They ask for protection and openness to life change. As well, they ask for strength for the pastors and families on site. They are excited to help with this new development in the lives of the believers there. They will return during the first week of August.
Quick Facts about Georgia:
- Population: 4,928,052
- Religion: Orthodox 83.4%, Muslim 10.7%
- Language: Georgian 87.6%, Azeri 6.2%, Armenian 3.9% and Russian 1.2%
- Ethnic groups: Georgians 86.8%, Azeri 6.3%, Armenian 4.5%, and other area countries 2.3%
- Currency: Georgian lari
- Population below poverty line:2%
- Average temperature: 27- 91 degrees
- Time change: 11 hours ahead of Colorado