Often when we see the great need to spread the message of Jesus, plus when we add in the vast size of the world, we can get overwhelmed into inaction. At Timberline Church, we are dedicated to take the Gospel to all the world and make disciples of all nations. We also believe that there is a place for everyone in the Gospel opportunity. From home-bound adults to brawny teens, from your local people-person to the one more confident behind a computer screen, we have a place for you in Missions.
Here are examples of current and upcoming needs on the Mission field, both locally and internationally:
Maybe Social Media and Computers are your thing:
Timberline Love Reaches needs a Director for Storytellers.
- Storytellers is already staffed by volunteers who write blogs about all the missions—local and global—Timberline participates in. We need someone who can organize the writers and match them up with the individual mission events. Knowledge of social media would be a plus. Love Reaches has bi-monthly meetings.
- If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Perspectives needs help with marketing the January 2018 Class.
- Perspectives is a joint venture between several local churches for the purpose of training mission-minded individuals during a 15-week course that will educate about missions—both the history and current events within.
- If you are interested, please contact Nathan Hrouda at Summitview Church: email@example.com.
Do you have a heart for people of special needs? Do you plan parties?
Night to Shine is looking for planning committee members.Night to Shine and the Tim Tebow Foundation will sponsor a prom for local teenagers with special needs.
- If you are interested in helping with this event, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you want to serve locally, but you only have a day to spare, or maybe you can serve sporadically?
SERVE Day is July 15th
- SERVE Day is a worldwide movement of churches going outside building walls to serve their community in one day. Timberline Church, Serve 6.8, and 21 other local churches will participate in the Fort Collins area this year. Offered: bounce houses, music, food, health & wellness services, haircuts & a teen shopping spree.
- If you are interested in helping with this event, you can find more information at http://serve68.org/serveday/
- Extra help is needed since they expanded services to Sundays 12-2pm for handing out food boxes. They are now located on Drake and LeMay, Serve 6.8 gives out food boxes stocked from donations by individuals and local establishments, such as Sprouts.
- If you would like to help in this or any other way, please visit: http://serve68.org/
U-COUNT is always active and always needs volunteers in various areas.
- U-COUNT works to increase awareness of global sex trafficking crimes as well as support victims and survivors of trafficking through global projects, domestic efforts and hand-craft-based marketplaces.
- If you would like to help out, please find more information here: http://ucountcampaign.org/
Are you ready for a Missions Trip?
The weekend of July 15th-16th, the Timberline main campus will have a Short-Term Mission Trips mall table with information on all our 2017 Fall Trips. Upcoming trips include:
- Sept: Guatemala (still open for missionaries for this family-friendly trip)
- Oct: Haiti and East Asia
- If you’d like more information about any of these opportunities, please explore all our trips at http://www.lovereaches.org.
If you have a heart for missions, we have a place for you here at Timberline. Feel free to stay current on all that happens through Timberline by visiting www,lovereaches.org.