Over the past year, there have many internal changes within the Love Reaches (Missions) department, including the shift from a single overseeing pastor to a team approach. Since then, the missions leadership has been praying for wisdom about where God is taking us in the future and how more people can get involved.
As we move towards Missions Focus weekend, here are a few thoughts to ponder:
- Timberline Church exists to lead people into transforming relationships with Jesus Christ and others.
- We value being respectful of people’s journey, being relational in building bridges to our community and world, being relevant in communicating truth, and being real in living and teaching.
- We help accomplish these through expressing the message of Jesus in word and deed.
- At Timberline, “Love Reaches” is not an add-on ministry, rather it is at the core of who we are.
- Our “Love Reaches” responsibility is to spread the Gospel locally, nationally, and around the world.
- Our intention is to provide opportunities for every Timberliner to be able to invest their time, talent, and treasure by praying, giving, or going.
- We believe that as people become engaged in serving, life change occurs.
- Our plan is to come alongside and enhance the long term work on the ground where our missionaries serve as they meet the physical and spiritual needs of their communities towards long term impact for the Kingdom.
- We work to support our missionary partners in a way that benefits their work and not our agenda.
- We know that God does not need us to accomplish His will on Earth, but realize that He wants us to participate.
All that to say, Love Reaches is and has a mission for everyone. How will you answer the call?