This past weekend Timberline Church and the U COUNT Campaign celebrated the hundreds of lives that were impacted in 2015, but the vision doesn’t stop there. Here are a few more key ways you can either learn more or help make a difference.
There is a U COUNT Men’s Only presentation tonight, February 1, from 6:30-8:00 p.m. at the Timberline Church Fort Collins Campus, Room 201/202. Boy to Buyer: How Our Culture Raises Men Who Buy Sex will be presented by Chris Bruno, the director of Restoration Project.
On Sunday, February 7, from 10:00 a.m. to noon, there will be a U COUNT Campaign Information and Volunteer Training meeting at the Timberline Road Campus in Room 213. This meeting will cover the broad scope of all that the U COUNT Campaign does and how you can get involved if you so desire. However, there will be no pressure toward signing up volunteers, so feel free to come and learn more.
Stay informed about current projects, upcoming events, critical issues, and prayer needs by visiting the U COUNT Campaign website and signing up for the newsletter. A click on the “Pray” tab will connect you with vital ways to pray as well as a monthly list of specific topics to pray about. Informed prayer will reap dividends far beyond what we can even imagine and is an easy way for everyone to help make a difference this year. You can also like the U COUNT Campaign Facebook page for more up-to-date information and stories.
Last, the U COUNT Campaign will be fundraising throughout the year to help provide the following domestic efforts, global projects, and marketplace. (Find out how to donate on their website.)
- Support local initiatives that provide prevention trainings and community organizing to address human trafficking
- Support Colorado organizations working with victims
- Engage in Local Victim Resources such as emergency bags, hotline encoded gifts, and advocacy
- Home of Hope in New Delhi, India – (with our frontline partner organization Project Rescue) Land purchase and subsequent construction of a permanent residence for the rescued daughters and sons of prostituted women.
- Rapid Response Fund – The movement of refugees from the war torn countries has created unprecedented levels of migration, dislocation, and human suffering which has created a perfect storm for the trafficking of people for sexual slavery. This fund was created to help Project Rescue be prepared to respond swiftly to urgent needs as they arise across the globe.
- Scholarship Program – Dream T’s – Every rescued child has a dream. Many dream of becoming a teacher, doctor, counselor, graphic designer, business person and the list goes on. Purchase a U COUNT T-shirt and send a girl or boy to college to make their dream a reality!
- Marketplace – Funds to sustain the operational expenses of this amazing business bringing economic escape to at risk women and survivors of trafficking. This allows 100% of the sales to go back to the vocational units.