Mark your calendars and be sure to attend services this coming weekend, January 30 and 31, 2016 as together Timberline Church celebrates the reality of making a difference in the lives of trafficking survivors both locally and globally in 2015. Pastor Jeff Lucas will be preaching a powerful message on the topic of Doors of Opportunity followed by updates from the U COUNT Campaign about 2015’s projects, a special offering for 2016’s projects, and the chance to continue making a difference through interactions (and shopping!) at the tables in the mall.
For those who are new to Timberline Church, the U COUNT Campaign is a team of volunteers that work to increase awareness of the crime of global sex trafficking and support at risk women, children and survivors of sex slavery through three fronts: Domestic Efforts, Global Projects, and Marketplace. You can find out more at www.UCountCampaign.org. Here’s a preview of some of what we’re celebrating:
In 2015, we sent $100,000 to our Project Rescue partners in New Delhi, India to buy the last remaining floor in the apartment complex being used as an Outreach Center in the heart of the red light district. This purchase reinforces the fact this ministry is there to stay and will continue to provide a safe place for prostituted women in the community to find love, respect, medical care, food, prayer, counseling, English classes, and the chance to transition their young children out of the brothels to the Project Rescue Children’s Home.
Another $100,000 was sent to Kolkata, India to help our Project Rescue affiliated ministry, Deepika. Financial gifts were also given toward encoded gifts for domestic trafficking victims, Sarah’s Home (www.sarahshome.us) in southern Colorado, Streets Hope (www.streetshope.org) in Denver, and to support A Face to ReFrame (www.afacetoreframe.org) and their training of over 1000 individuals right here in Fort Collins to identify human trafficking.
Of course, the U COUNT Campaign Marketplace continues to support at risk and rescued women by giving them economic stability through vocational rehabilitation programs. In 2015, the Marketplace sold $91,517 worth of product with that money going directly toward the purchase of more inventory as well as bonuses to the women. In addition to the Marketplace products, there are also Scholarship T’s that over the last three years have allowed us to send $50,000 and provide 49 scholarships for sons and daughters of prostituted women to go to college.
U COUNT Campaign founder and visionary Bonnie Northrup said, “We are blown away by the generosity of each and every donor, and every person who chose to buy a product or T-shirt. But the power truly lies in the lives that have been transformed by those funds. Those dollars have bought safety, economic security, education, physical, mental and emotional care, addiction recovery, food, hope, a changed life, and a changed future. To God be all the glory.”
As we prepare for the coming weekend, please pray for God’s anointing on every aspect of the service. Please pray for generosity toward the 2016 projects, scholarship T-shirt program and product purchases. Please pray for awareness of the horrific crime of sex trafficking to penetrate hearts and move people toward action to stop it. The topic of sex trafficking is a tough one, especially for those sitting in the auditorium who have personally survived sexual exploitation or are currently living in an abusive relationship. Please pray for those individuals that they will be moved to courageously reach out for help this weekend.
Lastly, make sure to stop by the tables in the mall:
- Table #2 – Dream T’s – Send a rescued girl or boy to college one shirt at a time.
- Table #3 – U COUNT Info – Learn more about the U COUNT Campaign, our 2016 Projects, and receive a prayer brochure.
- Table #4 – Corporate Donor Program – Our Corporate Donors give to fund our Campaign Operations expenses as well as carefully selected projects for the year. Stop by our table and see how you can help.
- Table #5 – Domestic Anti-Trafficking Efforts – Stop by to learn more about the efforts to end sex trafficking in our own community.
- Table #6 – SAVA – Sexual Assault Victim Advocate Center – Support for all those affected by sexual assault.
- Table #7 – U COUNT Men – Find out how our men’s team contributes their time and help to the campaign. Receive information about the special men’s night, February 1, Boy to Buyer: How Our Culture Raises Men Who Buy Sex
- Table #8 – Breaking Silence Motorcycle Run – This June run is designed to bring awareness to the crime of sex trafficking. Come by our table in the mall to find out all the run details.
- Table #9 – Front Range Freedom Tour ’16 – Join a great team of cyclists and supporters on a tour from Cheyenne to Raton Pass. Lots of ways to get involved, have fun, and support the kids at the Home of Hope. Visit our table or www.richsride/frontrangefreedomtour
- Tables #10-#15 – U COUNT Marketplace – Your purchase empowers at risk women and girls, and former victims to have a new life and exit sexual slavery.