In the annual countdown to Christmas, shopping for gifts and baking holiday treats are standard items on the to-do list. But for many in our community, these ordinary tasks are sidelined due to financial needs. As in years before, Timberline Church is stepping in through Adopt-A-Family to come alongside and bless those who need help this Christmas. How can you help? With any (or all) of the following.
1. Adopt a Family. It is anticipated that several hundred new families will be identified this week alone so willing adopters are needed. Stop by a table in the mall this weekend to sign up or go to www.serve68.org/adopt-a-family and click on the link under “I want to adopt.” Once you have signed up, you will be prayerfully matched with a family and given their wish list.
2. Donate. If life’s circumstances would prevent you from shopping, wrapping, and delivering gifts, you could still help out with a cash donation toward gifts and grocery gift cards. The same link above to adopt a family has an option to make a donation to help others or you can stop by the table in the mall this weekend.
3. Visit the Sweet Shoppe in the mall December 13 and 14. Let someone else do your holiday baking. All proceeds go toward Adopt-a-Family.
4. Volunteer to help with the Family Festival on December 17th from 4 to 9. Specific needs: help move presents into the building from 1-3 on the 14th; help set up the auditorium from 6-8 on the 15th; help tear down/re-set the auditorium from 6-8 on the 18th; or help with a variety of tasks by signing in at 3:30 on the 17th. If you want to volunteer, just show up and follow the red shirts or ask for Zane.
5. Bring your family and have fun at the Family Festival. This celebration for the church family and our community guests includes a meal, petting zoo, nativity, hayride, face painting, and a super-fun 20-minute show happening three times during the evening.