Timberline’s Orphan Care ministry, Welcome Child, has been around for seven years with the vision to love the fatherless as the Father has loved us. They seek to share God’s heart for orphans in our church, our community, and around the world in a variety of ways.
Welcome Child’s ministry includes:
- Training and equipping foster and adoptive families in Larimer and Weld Counties.
- Hosting a support group for adoptive and foster care parents.
- Partnering with Pastor Aracelli to care for orphans at Jesucristo es Mi Casa in Guatemala City
- Annually collecting and providing filled backpacks to Larimer County Human Services so kids entering the foster care system have school supplies
- Providing cozy hand-crafted blankets for children entering the foster care system through Blessed Blankets
- Being a driving force behind the annual Run For Orphans to raise funds and awareness for orphan care initiatives in our community. (see http://www.runororphansrace.org)
- Equipping other churches to do similar outreach.
On November 9 and 10, Timberline Church will celebrate their sixth Orphan Care emphasis weekend. This year’s theme is “Hello, My Name Is” and is inspired by a song by Matthew West. Why? Because the fact remains that we are all adopted into God’s Kingdom and have a new name as a result. Because we have been adopted into God’s family, we are then able to love the fatherless as the Father loves us. As God said, “Don’t be afraid, for I will protect you. I call you by name, you are mine.” (Isaiah 43:1)
Mark your calendars and come expecting to be inspired and challenged. After the service, stop by and visit our guests at tables in the mall to find out more about different opportunities to minister to orphans and support those who care for them.