It’s almost time to celebrate the many ways God’s love reached locally and globally through the willing hearts, hands, and feet of Timberline Church. In addition to the amazing stories from the many volunteers who went on a short-term missions trip last year, 2012 was a busy year.
Here are a few highlights:
- 3 Timberline families moved to Guatemala.
- 1000-plus signed up to help through SERVE 6.8.
- At least 6 trips were made to a trailer park to repair roofs.
- 45-member crews of volunteers spent 4 1/2 weeks sifting through ashes alongside Samaritan’s Purse for a total of 1000 days of work.
- $20,000 in gift cards was given to families after the High Park fire.
- 18 volunteers helped build a shed and cut down burned trees.
- 3500 people were served at Sharing Hope by 1300 volunteers from 45 churches. 1700 received prayer. 500 got free family portraits.
- 250 families were served through The Bridge Christmas party and 100s more through Adopt-A-Family.
Feel like celebrating with us? The Missions Celebration weekend is March 9 and 10, with the BBQ banquet on Sunday evening, at 6:00 p.m. in the main auditorium. Tickets will go on sale mid-February. Save the date and stay tuned for more details.