Where did you go on vacation last year and what did you do?
In 2012, numerous volunteers invested their time, money, muscle, heart, and prayers into the lives of others by going on a short-term missions trip. A group of college students spent a week sharing God’s love to Spring Break party-goers in South Padre Island. One team of teenagers spent time laying the foundation for a wall in El Salvador while another team of teens invested a week at a children’s home in Arkansas. One group helped build a church in Haiti and another did construction work at Sarah’s Home in Colorado. In Guatemala, one team built a house, another worked with an orphanage, and a group of medical, dental, and optical professionals held several clinics and served over 250 people a day.
What opportunities does 2013 hold? Check out the Short-term Trips page on the Love Reaches website for updated trip dates, cost, descriptions, contact people, and application deadlines. Here are a few of the destinations currently planned:
- Dearborn, Michigan – April 14-21 (apply by February 28) – doing construction projects at a church and interacting with the predominantly Muslim community
- Bellvue, Colorado – April 11-14 (apply by March 10) – with Serve 6.8 doing light construction, erosion control, and tree planting in areas affected by last year’s fires
- El Salvador – July 6-13 (apply by March 10) – Adults and Youth in partnership with Enlace to build Eco stoves, church ministry, and children’s ministry in schools
- Haiti – 3 trips tentatively scheduled – April 3-9; June 26-July 2; November 13-19
- Guatemala – Medical and orphan ministry July 5-13; Construction and orphan ministry in early October; Medical, dental, and optical trip October 25-November 2
- Hillcrest Children’s Home, Hot Springs, Arkansas – June 30-July 6
- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico – October – possibly light construction
Consider going on a short-term missions trip this year and help change the world, one vacation at a time.