“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.” ~ James 1:27 NIV
One noticeable aspect of Love Reaches’ local, national, and international outreach is through the Welcome Child Orphan Ministry. Their vision is to love the fatherless as the Father has loved us. To accomplish that, they share God’s heart for orphans within our church, our community, and around the world in addition to finding ways to walk beside the orphan and those who serve them.
How does Welcome Child make this happen?
- Adoption: Supports and informs those considering or pursuing adoption.
- Foster Care: Works directly with Larimer County to advocate for the need of foster families in our community.
- Foster/Adoption Support Group: Offers encouragement and fun activities for foster and adoptive families
- Birthmother Ministries: Walks beside pregnant women in crisis providing emotional, physical, and spiritual support.
- Blessed Blankets: Makes blankets for children coming into foster care in Larimer County
- Run For Orphans: Annual race to raise awareness and funds for partnerships that Welcome Child advocates for.
- Orphan Care: Supports orphan ministries in other countries including Cambodia, Haiti, and Guatemala. Examples: Katia’s House in Haiti and Baby House in Guatemala.
- Dress-a-Girl: Sews dresses that are sent to orphanages in other countries including Uganda, Africa, Haiti and Guatemala.
- A Backpack Of My Own: Collects backpacks filled with school supplies to be distributed through local agencies that directly support foster and adoptive families.
- Finally Home Foundation: Equips communities to rally around heroes who are foster and adoptive families
- Building Hope: Home renovations and repairs for families in need including foster and adoptive families
- Safe Families for Children: An alternative to foster care for kids and families in crisis
- Child Sponsorship in Dubuisson, Haiti: Over 170 children sponsored by members of Timberline Church through the Mission of Mercy program
Over the next month leading up to Orphan Care Weekend, October 27-28, 2012 at Timberline Church, we will be taking a closer look at several of these specific ministries and how they come alongside the widow and orphan. If you are interested in getting involved or want more information, please contact Kari at Karalot9@gmail.com.